Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Welcome to the blog..

So my reasoning is simple. I am a simple guy that is awestruck with astronomy, and I want to share my experiences. I don't really ever feel connected with much in this world that we live in, but when it comes to viewing the cosmos, I get a sense of wonder, awe, and a feeling that we are connected. Something is magical about looking through the eyepiece and realizing the the photons of light that make up the view that you are looking at have traveled thousands if not millions of light years through space to impact your eye. That is simply amazing, and amateur astronomy allows you to look into the past. Light travelling from the Great Orion Nebula has been travelling appx. 1600 light years, and as such, you are looking back in time. If that doesn't inspire wonder, I don't know what will.

The purpose of this blog is to provide folks with a list of postings detailing my equipment and successes or failures when trying to image the heavens above. I have always been a student of astronomy, owning several telescopes throughout the years. Having been content as a visual observer in the past, I never thought in a million years that I would be skilled enough to share the views and wonder I get through the telescope. Although my skill level hasn't really changed I am no longer content to keep these views and wonders to myself. I have a strong desire to share and perhaps inspire so that others may enjoy and even possibly experience the wonder that astronomy provides to me. As I said my skill level hasn't improved but thankfully for myself and those who wish to see, technology has. As the title to this blog implies, I am simply a bubba with a telescope who never dreamed of being able to image and share the views that I have. Thankfully technology has progressed to a point that even a rank amateur such as me can share some pretty amazing stuff.

I hope you feel the wonder as I have, and enjoy these treasures. I know my images are far from perfect, but remember that these images are taken with gear that is not meant for astrophotography, nor am I a skilled astrophotographer. I have simply researched ways to bring the awe and inspiration of astronomy to as near "instant gratification" state as possible without having a personal Hubble Space Telescope...

So sit back and enjoy...

kind regards,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment