Thursday, June 7, 2012

Venus transit, OKCAC watch party at SMO

Well the big day finally came and I managed to get off work at noon. I got home, grabbed  a quick bite and loaded up the truck. I arrived at the Science Museum Oklahoma parking lot at approximately 1530 to setup. I saw Mike and Wayne and we chatted a bit while I set up my gear. I was not prepared for the large crowd that gathered, at one time reaching about 200 at once. It was quite an ordeal, and it was estimated that attendance through the event was in the neighborhood of 500+. It was an amazing time! Seeing the wonder on guests faces was totally worth it. At any rate, I was able to get some of the video sequences processed to post some shots. From first contact, the weather held about 45 minutes before a cloud anvil put an end to clear viewing. Some of these shots were overexposed  due to trying to beat the clouds. DMK21 performed beautifully.






1 comment: