Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Insomnia gettin' the best of me...

Lots of turmoil at work. I am going for a promotion, but other things in motion may make it a short celebration even if I get it. Kinda has me stressed, and having a helluva time getting to sleep. Doesn't help that I am a day sleeper, lol.

Last week's imaging really taught me the necessity of having an electronic focuser. After perusing cloudy nights forum, a user posted this DIY solution:

http://emediadesigns.com/focuser/

This is an amazing build tutorial, and I honestly think I can do it. Most expensive part is the servo. Servo is modified for continuous rotation both ways, selectable by polarity of course. I love simple projects, so I might start work on the hand controller tonight. I am estimating about 25-30 dollars to build this since I already have some of the parts. Much better than the JMI motofocuser that retails around 170. As the project goes on I will update here with pics and tips.

More immediately, since I was so pleased at my last image of m42 that I found on my laptop, I am going to try a few others on there and play with the processing. Beats laying awake in bed, lol. I was not impressed with the raw images and had written them off, but the last m42 image tells me I may have been a bit premature. As always, if it is not too embarrassing I will post here. If they suck, well..

3 comments:

  1. Build it and you'll be amazed at how well it works. No vibration whatsoever and minute movements are a walk in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally got some cash together, so this project should be coming along soon. I will do a build post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to learn how to cure the different types of insomnia? Do you desperately want to get your insomnia condition under control so that it doesn't interfere with your life? Then you've come to the right place, as you're about to learn about the 3 most common cases of insomnia and how to treat them quickly. 1 minute insomnia cure

    ReplyDelete