Thursday, January 5, 2012

NexImage resupply looks grim...

I damn well knew it. I almost bought this several times over the past month, until all online vendors started posting out of stock messages or indicating that they were backordered. Telescopes.com officially removed the imager from it's online store today. My guess is that celestron is having difficulty sourcing the imager/chipset in these little cameras. Oh well, dammit. I don't like using the mallincam for planetary imaging due to video raster. Stacking only makes the raster artifacts worse. I needed a dedicated planetary imager but can't justify dropping 500 on a DMK/DFK cam, even if I had it to drop. ToUcams have some serious problems with win7 compatibility and I really don't want to inherit a project.

Will keep looking I guess, the ioptron/orion solutions look like crap and I have heard that they are not very well received by planetary enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment